"So, did you lay the smack down today?" This was the first question Aaron asked me when I walked in the front door after my first day of school and volleyball practice. The answer to that question was "Sure did!"
The first few days of school are off to a smooth, as-to-be expected start. The kids for the most part will be fine; though there are a few troublemakers who I will have a hard time tolerating come December. I dished out a few SRC (like detention) warnings on the first day and that set the Mr. Funny Guys and Wise Crackers on the straight and narrow. I run a tight ship in my classroom!
As for volleyball, I have my team of eleven 7th graders. The talent is mediocre, but that is what you get with 12 year olds! It's usually a fun ride watching them transform from the season's start to finish.
1 comment:
I really hope your mediocre 12 year olds don't read your blog, Mrs. Quist! :) Smack down... you are so funny... Are you the mean teacher, Carrie? Is that why detention warnings the first day?! I bet Mrs. DeYoung didn't do that :)
Post a Comment