Sunday, November 16, 2008

Quist Update

With so much going on lately, updating my blog is about the last thing on my priority list. Here's the latest with us:

-Aaron is currently in "fire school!" Starting in October, Aaron has up to three classes a week as a part of his fire fighter training.

-Duty calls! Aaron has also been on call for several months now for Dutton Fire and Rescue. Sometimes he won't have a single call when he's on duty; other weeks he has several including some in the middle of the night.

-The basement fund is complete! We hope to start finishing off our basement soon.

-School is going really well this year. I can't believe we just finished the first trimester.

-I am still working towards my master's in School Library Media. After taking a break this semester, I am enrolled for the winter semester at GVSU.

-Aaron is waiting for the results on his Journeyman's Exam.

-We are still both running several times a week! We are certainly planning on running the 25k (15.5 miles) at the River Bank Run this spring. However I am not sure if that is enough for me. I am entertaining signing up for a marathon (26.2 miles) in Traverse City this upcoming May. It is not a question of whether I could do it, it's more a deciding if I want to put the time in for training. Aaron is up for it as well, but first he wants to get to the bottom of his knee problem.

-We are looking forward to our vacation to Mexico in April (especially after seeing snow this morning) and our two week trip to Alaska next June.

Overall, life is good!

No comments: