Friday, January 23, 2009
Bayshore Marathon
I did it! I registered for my very first marathon this week. On the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, May 23, I will be running 26.2 miles in the Bayshore Marathon in Traverse City. I've heard several great things about this race and its course! I started the first of my eighteen week training program; I hope it goes well as I am training (and racing) alone. We got Aaron's MRI results this past Monday...we found he injured his IT band (a group of fibers that run from the hip to the knee). Injuring the IT band is common for runners and those who are physically active. He is set to start physical therapy next week, but it looks like running the marathon this spring is out. I'm bummed... We have become great running partners and I'm concerned about my mental ability to do long 20 mile training runs on my own. Overall, I am really excited about the 26.2...this is one of the biggest things I've set out to do in my life, both physically and mentally. Keep us both in your prayers as I train and Aaron sets out for a quick recovery!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That's pretty exciting, Carrie. We are also going to be up there (well, charlevoix) that weekend. Are you sticking around for the weekend, or just the race? Good luck training- it was awesome to see Katie do it, can't wait to see how it goes.
Wow! A marathon....seriously? Way to go, I think its awesome to even sign up. Bummer about Aaron's IT band....& that he can't run it with you. Good luck training!
Carrie,
Hey there!! I did the Bayshore Marathon last year and LOVED it! you're going to have a great time.. the weather is usually perfect! I did the Chicago marathon last year too and it was aweful - bayshore is soooooooo much better... anyway, good luck training and let me know if you're ever in the area. I will actually be in Vegas for my bach. party while you're running the marathon or else I would come watch you!
Macare
Good work Carrie :) So proud of you...you motivate me to get back into running races on a more consistent basis :) Glad you picked TC too...I did the bayshore half marathon in 07 and it was awesome :)
~LAura
Post a Comment