Tuesday, March 3, 2009

What I've Learned...

Here is what I've discovered most recently about 8th grade girls...

1. It's cool to wear mis-matching socks; it's even cooler to wear crazy patterned knee socks then roll your pants up for all to see.

2. When your coach requires you to dress up on game days, you will. However, shoes don't count... Wearing a cute black dress or dressy pants with fuzzy boots or worn out Sketchers is the fashionable way to complete the outfit.

3. When writing a story for Creative Writing, it is important to spend 30 minutes deciding what Twilight character to name the protagonist after.

4. The more lip gloss, the better.

5. Cute little tees are fun....they look great with jeans! But they look the best when purchased two sizes too small.

6. It is still ok to have your BFF ask out your crush, but it's not ok to have her break-up with him for you.

7. Walking, talking, texting, and rocking out to an iPod all at once is an art form...only a select few master it!

8. Spritzing body spray in the hallways is the best way to attract boys between classes; you know you've gotten their attention when they can taste it!

9. There is a contest every day at lunch to see how many girls can fit around a table built for eight.

10. Lockers are meant to be plastered with the latest pics from Teen Beat Magazine and that kid who played Jacob Black!

11. When holding hands with your boyfriend, you must never bend at the elbow and heaven forbid sneak a glance at him!

I truly do love my job...the sweet innocence of adolescents!

1 comment:

Rach said...

so hilarious! I feel so out of touch & dated when it comes to anything involving teens or tweens. I'm so afraid for my girls