Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Summer Over?

It is hard to believe that summer is winding down! It seems like a few hours ago we were gearing up for it. Next week I head back to school for a few days; ah yes, those wonderful staff development days! The hardest part is sitting for so long after a summer of moving. So far my classroom is crammed full with seats for 30 students, my technology is raring to go, and my volleyball schedule is posted. I must be subconsciously more ready than previous years because I've only had my back-to-school nightmare once. During August, I frequently dream that it is the first day of school and I'm going through my schpeel: citing rules, expectations, what my class is all about, etc. And I reach for my syllabus (yup, we have 'em in 8th grade) only to realize that I don't have my copies made! My nerves go through the roof and panic strikes deep. I usually wake up overjoyed that it was only a dream.

No comments: