I always get nervous before every race and Aaron always questions why. He says that because I sign up for these races voluntarily they should be just for fun and I need not get so worked up. I guess it is the competitive nature in me. Well, Sunday morning was no different. I was nervous, jittery, and anxious. Luckily, I saw several people I knew so while standing in line waiting for the gun to ignite, so I didn't fret too much. When the gun did sound, I took off. I wove through people to get out of the masses. Once I had some breathing room, I pushed hard and ran as fast as I could without losing all steam early on. I missed each mile marker, so I never quite knew where was. When I finally caught a glimpse of the finish line, I kicked in the afterburners. The afterburners sure paid off because...
I placed 32nd out of 391 runners...
I was the 3rd female to cross the finish line...
I WON my age division...
I set a new Personal Record of 21:40!
1 comment:
YO! That's insane! Way to go Carrie!!
Post a Comment