Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Looking Back on 2009

2009 has been a great year...absolutely great! As I look back at this year, I am able to sum up our experiences with four words: We...traveled, ran, rescued, and enjoyed.

Traveled: This year we went down to Mexico for a spring get away. We always enjoy a break from reality this time of year. In June, we experienced Alaska firsthand on a trip with the 45 members of the Quist clan. We spent summer Saturdays at the cottage, I made several trips to Chicago, and Aaron traveled around town fulfilling his duties as an on-call firefighter.


(Mexico)


(Alaska)

Ran: Over the course of 2009 I logged close to 900 miles! The greatest feat of all was completing my first marathon in May. I dedicated five solid months to training for this race and now consider it one my greatest lifetime accomplishments. After my feet healed, this fall I focused on 5K's. Come to find out, I'm a not to bad at the short distances either as I medaled in each one I ran.

(Bayshore Marathon and Byron Bank 5K)

Rescued: After much debate and contemplating, Aaron and I adopted our Boxer puppy, Mabel. Although a bit of a troublemaker and a wild-child, she has brought so much joy and laughter into our lives. We never knew having a dog would be so much work or so much fun! We love her and consider part of our little fam!

(Mabel)
Enjoyed: Mixed in with all the "big" happenings of 2009, were little tid bits that made the year great as well. We celebrated births of children with our friends and family; we were so excited to become an uncle and aunt again to little Ruby this fall. We raised many toasts to friends at their weddings, attended our 10 year high school reunion, putsed around the house, and were grateful for stable jobs.



As 2010 approaches, we can't wait to see what's in store for us!

No comments: