Sunday, December 23, 2007

Brrrr.....

I woke up around 5:30 this morning and truly believed that my house was going to cave in on top of me. The wind was howling around us, pushing on windows, rattling doors...it was crazy! Apparently, the gusts were up near 50 mph! I sure believed it on the way to church this morning. We witnessed huge pine trees uprooted and fallen. Garbage bags and cans littered the neighborhoods. Even a house with its siding ripped off! It's nice now, to be tucked away inside for the afternoon!

Yesterday Aaron and I overcame a huge temptation. You see, we both would like to get a dog in the near future. We took our chances yesterday and went to the Kent County Humane Society...We were warned by an employee not to come, unless you are serious about adopting a dog. "It's really hard to leave empty handed," she told Aaron. And yes it was...I fell in love about 12 different times. There were some of the most adorable and cuddly puppies, as well as some mutts that made me melt. Each dog craved attention and looked at you with eyes that said "Take me home!!" Aaron and I have had many discussions about getting a boxer...there was one there! He was quite a cutie....his name is Bubba (he's the one in the pic).

We are finished with our shopping for the season, I just have to wrap a few more presents and I'll be done. I love it when they are all wrapped and scattered below the Christmas tree.



























No comments: