Saturday, May 9, 2009

Running Idiot

I ran the 25k (15.5 miles) in the Fifth Third River Bank Run. It is incredible being downtown as there are thousands of runners and spectators! It puts is thrill and adrenaline rush in my body I can't describe. The race went great despite two obstacles. The first was the downpour five minutes before the official start and the continued rainfall for the next 45 minutes. And second, I did not put my correct shoe chip on! This meant that my run would not be officially clocked...WHAT AN IDIOT I AM! I looked down at my shoes a minute prior to race time and realized what I had done! Fortunately, there were clocks nearly every two miles and I had my trusty iPod timer and watch. There will not be a formal time for me on the web, nor will my name be in the GR Press tomorrow, but I can proudly say that I ran 15.5 miles in 2 hours and 10 minutes! Go me! The entire run felt great, soggy shoes and all! Thanks Mom and Dad for cheering me on at the finish line! It gave me that added boost knowing there'd be cheers for me at the end!

In exactly two weeks from today is the Bayshore Marathon...26.2 miles! I have worked so long and so hard for this. Every ounce of energy and strength over the past several months has gone into preparing for this race. I feel stronger and more confident in my abilities than I ever have before! Go me (again)!

2 comments:

Rach said...

you are AWESOME! I wish I could be a "runner"....but that's just not gonna happen....ever. I'll just be a "mom" for awhile & then when I'm all done pushing babies out....I might think of adding something cool & athletic to my "mom" status. Until then, go Carrie! We'll be cheering you on from GR! I'm so jealous - I wish I could be a runner

Meghan Boss said...

Good Job, Carrie! I'm glad I read this though, because I was going over and over that list in the paper looking for your name! :) Seriously, I really was wondering where you had run off to...