Saturday, May 16, 2009

Under A Week To Go!

The Bayshore Marathon is next week Saturday! I can't believe it; it seems like just yesterday that I registered. While putting in my last "long run" this morning a few things occurred to me. Here they are:

1. Over the course of the last year, I have spent 36 (of the 52) weeks seriously training for some distance running event.

2. I won't have a clue what to do with my Saturday mornings without my weekly long run.

3. Running 8 miles, like I did today, is an absolute breeze. 15 miles is MY distance; I think I'll be a River Bank 25k-er for years to come!

4. The human body and mind are amazing. To think that in the fall of 2007, running 3-4 miles was an accomplishment and now I'm training to run a marathon. The mind can, and will if you push, overpower the body. If you truly believe you can do something nothing can stop you.

5. My feet are the ugliest they've ever been...I'm dreading flip flop weather!

6. I am a runner! How running entered the Meulenberg genes, I haven't a clue! But it's here...and here to stay!