I am celebrating a snow day that is several days overdue. Boy, have I had it with the snow! It all started Monday morning on the way to school. I left the house about 6:40 am and shifted into 4-WD. I love 4-wheel drive, I just wish it handled as well on ice as in snow drifts. I was no more than 100 yards beyond the entrance ramp on south-bound 131, barely going 40 mph, when I hit ice. I fishtailed across the highway, spun 180 degrees and landed in the median facing on-coming traffic! I freaked out because nothing like that has ever happened to me! I was so thankful that I did not hit any other cars or guard rails...my car was fine and more importantly I was too. Seeing as I was only 4 feet into the ditch, I was hoping I could get myself out...my car was able to move. After several failed attempts, panic induced tears to Aaron, and a 2 hour estimate from the towing service, I decided to show my Liberty who's boss! I gave it everything it had, and TA-DA! got myself out of the ditch! I even made it to school on time for the morning bell. It was such a scary experience....Thank you, Lord, I was ok!
The rest of the week's driving wasn't any better. No ditches on Tuesday morning, just really crappy roads! I was shocked we didn't even have a delay! But today we're off even though it's not that bad....perhaps our district is feeling bad for the previous two days!
No comments:
Post a Comment