What was found? Well, a bunch of old trophies and yearbooks. The yearbooks dated back to 5th and 6th grade at Plymouth Christian. It was fun to look at my awful hairstyles (got hairspray, anyone) and the notes friends wrote inside. Of course, the classic phrases "Have a great summer" and "hope you're in my class next year" were scribbled numerous times. My favorites though were the comments about "meeting hot boys" and the entry I wrote to myself! I enthusiastically encourage myself to have a cool summer and shared how much I will be missed (I was transferring schools that upcoming fall). Boy, was I a dork!!
The trophies that were found brought back tons of memories. One trophy my dad had made for me after I had a hat trick in an 8th grade soccer game. The others were from the Cedar Springs Red Flannel Basketball Tourney I played in for several years while in high school. The first two times I played was with some middle school buddies. We took 2nd both times; losing to the same team each year. The final year we were in it to win, so we enlisted my a friend, Mandy, to play with us! Mandy, you see was an outstanding ball player who got a full ride to play in college! Thanks to her, we cleaned-up!
I know your probably thinking....Carrie, I didn't know you played basketball? I didn't! I sucked big time... but my teammates so graciously passed me the ball now and then to make me feel a part of the game! Thanks, girls for boosting my confidence!
No comments:
Post a Comment