Sunday, June 29, 2008

Love 'em!

This weekend I had some serious girlfriend time; it was certainly long overdue!

It started with Friday's lunch with two long time GRCHS friends, Allison and Mandy. We met at Panera for a bite and some catch up time. With our busy work and family schedules, it is often hard to find time to get together, but when we do it is so worth it!

The friend filled weekend continued after an exhausting series of Friday pm phone calls! As you know, I have been planning on a Delphi Canoe and Camping trip up near Traverse City since spring. Unfortunately, at the last minute the weather forecast turned crappy and several sisters canceled! We were bummed! Thanks to Abby, we tried to rally the troops, but no-one was game! However, this did not stop my former college buddies and roomies, Elizabeth, Meghan, and Abby, and I! We were convinced to be together...after all, this was really what the excitement of the weekend was about: Time Together.

After moonlite and Saturday sunrise text messages, E. Bos, Betka, Abby and I had our itinerary set. We met at Meghan's house at noon clad in bathing suits and clutching towels and tubes. Our plan was to hop on the Thornapple River at 84th Street and float down to 68th Street, near Alaska. Steve, Meghan's hubby, was kind enough to chauffeur us out there! We slathered on some SPF, braved the chilly water temps, and knotted (right, Megs?) our tubes together and were off! We had an excellent time catching up, dodging branches and rocks, and simply being together!

Post tubing, we reminisced the dorm room and cottage days by cramming into one bathroom prepping for a night on the town. We share shoes, trades tops, and recalled many times when.... Looking great, we head to Bull's Head for dinner and later capped off our night at the BOB!

All in all the day was excellent! Funny thing is we all discussed the Hope College student loans were are still paying five years after graduation, but you know what? I wouldn't trade my student loans for the friendships I've gained at Hope! Thanks Elizabeth, Abby, and Meghan for a great time and being such extraordinary friends!

No comments: