Monday, October 15, 2007

8-3

Well, I just got home from my second to last volleyball game. We lost. No, let me rephrase that...we got slaughtered, annihilated, smoked. It was the ugliest game we've played all year. You know it's bad when the opposing coach asks you what happened to your team. He told me his girls were psyched up and have been practicing big time since they lost to us earlier in the season. Yup...it was that ugly.

One of the hardest parts of coaching is keeping your chin up. There is only so much reminding, encouraging, and cheering you can do before IT SHOWS! It shows that you're frustrated (a little embarrassed too) with how your team is performing. I keep telling myself it's only 7th grade volleyball and regardless of what happens in our final game on Friday, we will still have a winning season. I told my girls to forget about it and come ready to practice hard tomorrow. We'll see....

Go Vikes!

No comments: