Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sunday Night

Wow! It is amazing how fast weekends go...especially when they are 5 days long! I certainly enjoyed it...and got a ton of stuff done!

We ate lots of turkey on Thursday, thanks to the 32 pound bird my aunt cooked! We bowled that night and realized that Wii bowling does nothing to improve your real-life game.

On Friday, we got plenty of Christmas shopping done...we can officially mark 4 people off our list of 17! We hung our Christmas lights out back...they look great!

We spent a lot of time with family, which is always a treat! And our greatest feat of all was making the final decision on our a paint color. You may think I'm being overly anal (even for me), but when the color will be painted on 70 percent of the walls in our house, it was a big deal.

Tomorrow it's back to work for the both of us! I'm starting my favorite unit- The Research Biography project- with my 8th graders. Each students has to select an adult, older that 55, to write a biography about. They interview them, research the decade they were raised, and compile it all in one giant project. The coolest part of this is hearing from students who gush with excitement at what they learned about grandma or grandpa. I don't think many kids sit down and talk with the older generations much anymore, so I'm glad I can encourage them to do so. I hope it goes as well as planned!




No comments: