Over at the Quist household we survived Halloween, busted a gut on another episode of The Office, made it through the Michigan State vs. Michigan game (Aaron is one of those fans), and indulged in a few beers celebrating my sister-in-law's birthday. The one thing, however, we were unsuccessful in was mastering this thing called "will-power."
This past summer Aaron decided we NEEDED a Nintendo Wii and about mid-September he finally got me on board. I just had such a hard time justifying two "grown adults" spending that much moolah on a video game system. You need to remember this is coming from a girl whose only video game experience growing up was Frogger on Atari and a handheld game called Paperboy (that game didn't last too long in our house ...one who shall remain nameless dropped it in the horsey bathroom toilet!).
Back on track here...Aaron and I decided that we would treat ourselves to one for Christmas. Great idea, right? We knew they sold like hot cakes, so we thought we should get serious with our search on Black Friday. This lasted until Friday evening. As I was dragging Aaron through the mall, we poked in an electronics store to find 2 Nintendo Wii's. The gal behind the counter told us they got a batch of 8 in three hours ago and 6 had already sold. Before I could muster up a "leapin' lizards," Aaron's credit card was slapped on the counter and one Wii system was left in the store. We were now the proud owners of our very own Wii! We really pulled the trigger on than one.
Seeing as it is was a Christmas present, we put it downstairs when we got home. Out of sight, out of mind. We told each other we weren't going to play it, let alone touch the packaging until Christmas...
by Saturday afternoon we decided my Christmas break would be a good time to open it...
Saturday evening we settled on early December...
Post Sunday church we were discussing Thanksgiving weekend...
While folding a load of darks mid-afternoon we compromised on Thanksgiving night...
After grocery shopping late Sunday afternoon, we caved in....
How pathetic are we? We made it 45 hours! I have officially pulled an arm muscle playing tennis, schooled Aaron in baseball, got my butt kicked in golf, threw a decent game in bowling, and sacrificed every ounce of will power I had. Aaron told me not to worry about giving in so early, "Look at is this way," he said, "now we'll know all the ins and outs of the game when we have friends over to play."
3 comments:
I used to LOVE the paperboy game! I've only played bowling on the Wii, but i had a lot of fun! Merry early Christmas!:)
You guys are pathetic.....Iwould have loaned you the Paperboy game at the lake.
I AM SO JEALOUS!!! Randy and I are going to need to come over for a game night.
Post a Comment